The deduction system incorporated in EU VAT law has been designed to relieve businesses from the burden of the VAT payable or paid in the course of their economic activities. During this seminar we will go through the origin and the scope of right of deduction and the main principles connected therewith.
In accordance with the Malta VAT Act (Chapter 406 of the Laws of Malta), every taxable person registered for VAT under article 10 shall submit a VAT Return for the purposes of reporting any transactions carried out by that taxable person during a particular VAT period.
• Origin and scope of right of deduction;
• Proportional deduction;
• Restrictions on the right of deduction – “Blocked Items”;
• Rules governing exercise of the right of deduction;
• Adjustment of deductions – including ‘Capital Goods Scheme’
• The ECJ on the right of deduction
- MIA Members: €28.00
- Non-MIA Members: €50.00
- Retired Members: €15.00
- Students: €20.00