This course will give attendees a basic understanding of the IT and technical fundamentals related to Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLTs), primarily Blockchain, by taking a look at the reasons behind their creation, how they work as well as how they evolved over time.
In addition, the course will cover aspects such as cryptography basics, smart contracts, the relationship between cryptocurrencies and the underlying Blockchain, the difference between public and private Blockchains, use-cases for DLTs, as well as the technical problems and challenges that currently exist in this space.
Target Audience: Accountants, Lawyers, Entrepreneurs, Corporate Service Providers and related professionals
– The Blockchain concept explained
– Bitcoin – the best known cryptocurrency and its fundamentals
– Ethereum – a decentralised platform that runs smart contracts
– Basic cryptography – the process of converting ordinary information into unintelligible form
– Cryptocurrencies – essentially, digital assets designed to work as a medium of exchange
– Smart contracts – digitally facilitating, verifying, or enforcing the negotiation or performance of a contract
– Consensus algorithms – their value in the world of crypto
– Mining is a validation of transactions
Time: 09:00 – 11:45 (15 mins break)
Venue:Live online session – details of how to join the meeting will be sent once registration is complete
CPE Hours: This course qualifies for 2.5 hours of structured CPE which can be classified as Professional Competency. A certificate of attendance will be provided at the end of the session.
Kindly note that this session entitles the attendee to 2.5 KPMG Loyalty Rewards. After collecting 60 Loyalty Rewards, attendees will be entitled to a free CPE session of their choosing. Visit our Loyalty Rewards page to learn more.
Moreover, for every three courses booked from our KPMG Learning Suites, attendees receive a discount voucher of 40% to be redeemed on their next course purchased from any Learning Suite!
Discover more courses from our KPMG Learning Suites.
Is your employer paying for your CPE seminars? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how the employer can benefit from our offers.