The Level 6 ILM Diploma in Management is designed to help middle managers who are preparing for promotion and senior managers who are new in their roles to develop the technical knowledge, strategic insight and practical expertise needed to effectively carry out senior management responsibilities.
The qualification is made up of a broad range of modules covering skills in a number of core areas – working with people, coaching & mentoring in the workplace, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results, and using resources. Upon completion of this diploma:
Benefits for individuals:
- Understand the role of a senior manager
- Understand how management theories & models influence practice
- Carry out relevant research to inform the way you work
- Develop your ability to critically review ideas and practices
- Take a critical and informed look at your own performance
- Benchmark your managerial skills
Benefits for employers:
- Develop the senior leadership talent pipeline, for effective succession planning and less reliance on external recruitment
- Give prospective senior leaders the tools to understand and evaluate their own performance
ILM views leadership and management through the lens of it unique learning and development model – the ‘Knowing-Doing-Being’ framework. This means that this course does not just simply instruct you academically, but also provides you with alternate routes to learning so that you can develop your potential in a more practical and hands-on manner.
We also understand the value of your time and are therefore aware of the need to support you. To this end, ILM has a number of support mechanisms in place such as individual tutorials, notes, handouts, assignments and online resources which you can freely make use of as a registered student of ILM. This course is comprised of 44 UK credits and can be achieved in 10 months. Lectures are held between 1700hrs – 2000hrs.
- Module 1 - Developing the executive manager
- Module 2 - Optimising organisational capacity
- Module 3 - Understanding how management coaching and mentoring can benefit individuals and organisations
- Module 4 - Developing excellence in operations
- Module 5 - Managing operations research
- Module 6 - Building commitment to corporate vision and values
- Module 7 - Team working in organisational partnerships
- Module 8 - Leading change in organisations
This Diploma is awarded by the the City & Guilds of London Institute and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) — the UK’s leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training.
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) deems this qualification to be at Level 6 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
This course is delivered via blended learning and will consist of a mix of face-to-face lectures and online delivery.
Applicants require a Level 5 qualification in Management and several years of management experience.
To achieve the ILM Diploma in Management, candidates need to successfully complete all module assignments. This qualification is assessed via written assignments (1 assignment at the end of each module). There is no overall exam.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 2247 0738. Applicants will be provided with a link to complete our online booking form and will be requested to submit any relevant documents required to process the application.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to recover up to 70% of their fee in tax credits through the Get Qualified Scheme. Upon completion of this course students will be able to recover up to 70% of their fee in tax credits through the Get Qualified Scheme.