The Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management qualification is designed to help practising and aspiring middle managers develop their skills and experience, improve their performance and prepare themselves for senior management responsibilities.
The qualification is made up of a broad range of modules covering skills in a number of core areas – working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results, and using resources. Upon completion of this diploma:
Benefits for individuals:
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership and day-to-day management
- Raise your profile in your organisation
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Become a more effective team player
- Benchmark your managerial skills
Benefits for employers:
- Encourage strategic thinking to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development
ILM views leadership and management through the lens of it unique learning and development model – the ‘Knowing-Doing-Being’ framework. This means that this course does not just simply instruct you academically, but also provides you with alternate routes to learning so that you can develop your potential in a more practical and hands-on manner. The course is comprised of 37 UK credits and can be achieved in 10 months.
- Module 1 - Management Communication
- Module 2 - Assessing Your Own Leadership Capabilities and Performance
- Module 3 - Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
- Module 4 - Understanding the Importance of Marketing in an Organisation
- Module 5 - Leading Innovation and Change
- Module 6 - Managing Recruitment
- Module 7 - Developing Critical Thinking
- Module 8 - Understanding Financial Management
- Module 9 - Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance
This Diploma is awarded by the the City & Guilds of London Institute and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) — the UK’s leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training.
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) deems this qualification to be at Level 5 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
This course is delivered via blended learning and will consist of a mix of face-to-face lectures and online delivery.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but participants will typically be practising junior or middle managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands and have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme.
To achieve the ILM Diploma in Leadership in Management, candidates need to successfully complete all module assignments. This qualification is assessed via written assignments (1 assignment at the end of each module). There is no overall exam.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 2247 0738. Applicants will be provided with a link to complete our online booking form and will be requested to submit any relevant documents required to process the application.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to recover up to 70% of their fee in tax credits through the Get Qualified Scheme. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to recover up to 70% of their fee in tax credits through the Get Qualified Scheme.