The session will cover the tax classification and consequent treatment of coins and tokens and the income they generate, as well as their treatment for VAT and duty on documents and transfers. Further, during the session, we will go through the direct and indirect tax treatment of activities such as mining, token issues and exchanges.
The impact of Maltese direct and indirect tax on cryptocurrency transactions and investments.
Target Audience: Accountants, Lawyers, Entrepreneurs, Corporate Service Providers and related professionals
– General tax principles to be adhered to
– The definition of cryptoassets for tax purposes
– How to categorise cryptoassets for tax purposes
– Tax on the return on investment from the holding of cryptoassets
– Tax on capital gains on the transfer of cryptoassets
– Duty on the transfer of cryptoassets
– General VAT treatment of cryptoasset transactions
– Specific income tax, duty and VAT implications for mining, token issues and exchanges
Time: 09:00 – 11:45 (15 mins break)
Venue:Live online session – details of how to join the meeting will be sent once registration is complete
CPE Hours: This course qualifies for 2.5 hours of structured CPE which can be classified as Core Competency. A certificate of attendance will be provided at the end of the session.
Kindly note that this session entitles the attendee to 2.5 KPMG Loyalty Rewards. After collecting 60 Loyalty Rewards, attendees will be entitled to a free CPE session of their choosing. Visit our Loyalty Rewards page to learn more.
Moreover, for every three courses booked from our KPMG Learning Suites, attendees receive a discount voucher of 40% to be redeemed on their next course purchased from any Learning Suite!
Discover more courses from our KPMG Learning Suites.
Is your employer paying for your CPE seminars? Contact us on email@example.com to discuss how the employer can benefit from our offers.