The EU Directive on whistleblower protection and procedures will come into effect late 2021. But orgainsations (as with the AML Directive) will have a requirement to ensure you are committed to lawful and ethical behavior in all of activities - and requires directors, officers and employees to act in accordance with applicable laws, and have such measures in place.
This webinar will fill gaps in the legislation (especially regarding ANONIMITY) and gives confidence and guidance to companies to treat those ‘speaking out’ with respect and dignity, whist at the same time protecting the orgainsation from malicious accusations.
1. Who is a ‘whistleblower?’
2. How to assess ‘incoming’ information from a person (Avoiding bias and stereotyping)
3. ‘Witness care’. An often-overlooked issue
4. Channels of communication (including GDPR aspects)
5. Independence of investigations
6. Creating healthy, productive and trustworthy company whistleblower policy
7. Decision making: the role of compliance management