Every business owner, anyone who runs a business as well as individuals in key positions in a business should have at least some understanding of the principles of business law. This course offers the much-required knowhow for individuals involved in a business as well as those who aspire to be. It is also ideal for lawyers who need a refresher on the different characteristics of business law.
The course aims to give an overview of the various legal aspects in running a business from how to form it to any laws that govern businesses including employment considerations, health and safety implications as well as the fundamental principles of data protection and commercial agreements amongst others.
It is important for any person who runs a business or works in a business to know the legal basis and identify when advice needs to be sought. This course will help participants develop the necessary skills and legal understanding of business law.
The participants will acquire a thorough knowledge of the basic principles of Maltese law relating to business in general. This course intends to cover a vast range of issues relating to the law of business, from the incorporation and the basics of running a business within the parameters of the law, to the on-boarding of employees and other salient subjects, including consumer law, data protection law, and credit management.
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, Directors, Managers, Lawyers, Business & Management students
Mode Of Assessment
1 assignment of a maximum of 2,500 words – participants may choose 1 out of 2 titles to be made available to them. Mark weighting shall be of 100% of the global mark.
2 A Levels or equivalent MQF Level 4 qualifications or at least 2 years’ experience working in fields related to business/office administration or human resources.
Detailed Time Table
1. Monday 26th April 2021 – The Maltese Legal System
2. Wednesday 28th April 2021 – Outline of Maltese Company Law – the Various Types of Structures
3. Monday 3rd May 2021 – Setting up a Company – the Process
4. Wednesday 5th May 2021 – Overview of Employment Law
5. Monday 10th May 2021 – Data Protection – the Salient Features
6. Wednesday 12th May 2021 – Understanding Intellectual Property
7. Monday 17th May 2021 – Commercial Agreements
8. Wednesday 19th May 2021 – Overview of Health and Safety Legislation
9, Monday 24th May 2021 – Consumer Law
10. Wednesday 26th May 2021 – Debt Recovery and Credit Management
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority deems this Award to be at Level 5 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
Get Your Money Back
€402 will be refunded through the Get Qualified Scheme