This course gives an understanding of the AML framework and obligations. It will make participants become aware of the regulatory requirements to ensure that they can provide the necessary level of advice.
21 Academy in collaboration with Camilleri Preziosi Advocates and Komply is presenting this course which is spread over 10 evening lectures. This course gives an understanding of the AML framework and obligations. It will make participants become aware of the regulatory requirements to ensure that they can provide the necessary level of advice.
Delivery of the course will be provided over eight modules of 2.5 hours each. These modules will cover the key components surrounding money laundering and terrorist financing. Course will be interactive giving the attendees the opportune to ask questions and participate in meaningful discussions.
- Who should attend?
Money Laundering Reporting Officers
Lawyers working in private practice
- Mode Of Assessment
1 assignment of a maximum of 2,400 words and a 20-minute minimum presentation on a topic covered in the course.
- Entry Requirements:
Advocates or qualified professionals with over 3 years experience including at least 2 years work experience in the field of compliance.
Detailed Time Table:
- Introduction to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Funding of Terrorism and understanding the impact of non- compliance – Thursday, 11 November 2021
- Understanding Maltese Legislation on Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism – Tuesday 16 November 2021
- FIAU Implementing Procedures – Thursday 18 November 2021
- Conducting customer Due Diligence Part 1 – Tuesday 23 November 2021
- Conducting customer Due Diligence Part 2 – Thursday 25 November 2021
- Application of a Risk based approach – Tuesday 30 November 2021
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEP’s) and Reliance on Third Parties – Thursday 2 December 2021
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) Obligations and reporting procedures – Tuesday 7 December 2021
- Presentations Part 1 – Tuesday 11 January 2022
- Presentations Part 2 – Thursday 13 January 2022
|The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) deems this Award to be at Level 7 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.|
|Get Your Money Back|
|€612.50 will be refunded through the Get Qualified Scheme|