This course gives an understanding of the AML framework and obligations. It will make participants become aware of the regulatory requirements to ensure that they can provide the necessary level of advice.
21 Academy in collaboration with Camilleri Preziosi Advocates and Komply is presenting this course which is spread over 10 evening lectures. This course gives an understanding of the AML framework and obligations. It will make participants become aware of the regulatory requirements to ensure that they can provide the necessary level of advice.
Delivery of the course will be provided over eight modules of 2.5 hours each. These modules will cover the key components surrounding money laundering and terrorist financing. Course will be interactive giving the attendees the opportune to ask questions and participate in meaningful discussions.
- Who should attend?
Money Laundering Reporting Officers
Lawyers working in private practice
- Mode Of Assessment
1 assignment of a maximum of 2,400 words and a 20-minute minimum presentation on a topic covered in the course.
- Entry Requirements:
Advocates or qualified professionals with over 3 years experience including at least 2 years work experience in the field of compliance.
Detailed Time Table:
- Introduction to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Funding of Terrorism and understanding the impact of non- compliance – Tuesday, 27th October 2020
- Understanding Maltese Legislation on Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism – Thursday 29th October 2020
- FIAU Implementing Procedures – Tuesday 3rd November 2020
- Conducting customer Due Diligence Part 1 – Thursday 5th November 2020
- Conducting customer Due Diligence Part 2 – Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Application of a Risk based approach – Thursday 12th November 2020
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEP’s) and Reliance on Third Parties – Tuesday 17th November 2020
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) Obligations and reporting procedures – Thursday 19th November 2020
- Presentations Part 1 – Tuesday 15th December 2020
- Presentations Part 2 – Thursday 17th December 2020
|The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) deems this Award to be at Level 7 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.|
|Get Your Money Back|
|€612.50 will be refunded through the Get Qualified Scheme|