The MQF Level 7 ACCA Work Study Programme is designed to help you develop your understanding of current practice together with specialist analytical skills and knowledge in a range of aspects of financial management and accounting.
This unique programme offers learners the opportunity to both fast-track their accounting studies as well as apply the skills they learn to the workplace on an apprenticeship basis.
The course is made up of two qualifications — the MQF Level 6 Diploma in Professional Accountancy awarded by TQUK and the MQF Level 7 ACCA Professional Qualification awarded by ACCA. The Diploma in Professional Accountancy only takes a year and a half to complete and students are awarded with nine ACCA exemptions once they successfully complete it. Opting for this route of study means that students get to achieve the ACCA qualification much faster than the traditional route which generally takes students an average of 3 to 5 years to successfully complete.
Once students achieve the Diploma in Professional Accountancy, they get to move onto the next stage which is compromised of the ACCA Professional Qualification. The ACCA Professional Qualification is made up of four papers and takes a year to complete. Students who successfully complete all ACCA Professional Papers will earn the full ACCA Qualification which allows them to become warranted accountants. This qualification is currently the only one of its kind worldwide and is an excellent chance for students to obtain knowledge in the classroom, gain skills in the training room and become competent within the workplace. It specifically aims to:
- Provide an intensive, academically demanding and applied programme that both critically evaluates and synthesises current academic concepts, theories, and research to address key issues in accounting and finance.
- Enable students to develop purposefully and refine their own comprehensive ‘toolbox’ of accounting and finance techniques and encouraging them to practice the application of such tools.
- Equip students with specialist analytical skills and knowledge to take advantage of opportunities and minimise threats within the complex real world environment.
- Facilitate students in the development of the deeper subject-specific knowledge and skills in applied settings.
- Setting in place an approach to lifelong learning and the acquisition of skills which will enable you to apply a structured and reflective approach to both personal development and contribution to society.
- Develop students’ problem-solving and decision-making skills and judgment in the field of accounting and finance.
Benefits for individuals:
- An accelerated route to achieving the ACCA Qualification
- An opportunity for students to fast track their careers
- A paid work placement with an industry leader
- Tuition delivered by subject experts
- € 9,050 worth of ACCA tuition sponsored by employers
- Two internationally recognised and accredited qualifications
- A more applied and empowered approach to learning
- Training by industry professionals
Benefits for employers:
- A fully-fledged programme that prepares your new workforce for the work placement
- A fast track to recruit accounting talent
- A way to immerse new employees into the workforce whilst still building their knowledge and skills
- A great solution to attract new recruits who may otherwise have opted for full-time study
- Module 1 - Principles of Accounting
- Module 2 - Principles of Business Finance
- Module 3 - Management Accounting and Finance
- Module 4 - Management Accounting
- Module 5 - Financial Reporting Processes
- Module 6 - Principles and Techniques of Financial Management
- Module 7 - Auditing Principles and Practice
- Module 8 - Principles and Practice of Business Law
- Module 9 - Principles of Taxation
This Professional Qualification is awarded by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) — the leading global body for professional accountants.
The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) deems this qualification to be at Level 7 in the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning.
Learners should have a background in Accounts/Business Studies or have an A Level in accounts or similar qualification, and be fluent in written and spoken English to enrol in this course.
Candidates need to successfully complete a series of examinations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 2247 0737. Applicants will be provided with a link to complete our online booking form and will be requested to submit any relevant documents required to process the application.
Get €9,050 worth of ACCA tuition sponsored by your employer.
Students will also receive a salary for their work placement.